Untitled design (33)

How to find a qualified Nutritional Therapist?

When searching for a practitioner I suggest ensuring they are qualified, insured and registered with a professional body such as NTOI or BANT.

NTOI (Nutritional Therapists of Ireland), require all of their members to hold a minimum 3 year diploma in Nutritional Therapy and to be trained in basic biochemistry, physiology and pathology, as well as supervised clinical practice. As such, a NTOI Nutritional Therapist is qualified to work in private practice and see clients on a one-to-one or group basis. Being a member of NTOI, you must be fully insured, comply with the requirements for continuing professional development and practice within their code of ethics.

BANT (British Association of Applied Nutrition & Nutritional Therapy) practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics and the BANT Professional Practice Handbook. Its members must hold a 3 year diploma or a degree in nutritional therapy, nutritional science or equvilent.

Posted in

Leave a Comment