Hey, I'm Oonagh
I love what I do professionally. I am a registered Nutritional Therapist, Lifestyle and Wellness Consultant with passion for enjoying tasty food, being social, sharing and enjoying my life with others around me.
My work supports women through life changes, from menses to menopause. I work as an investigator to uncover the root cause of symptoms and enable you to feel great again. I support women to understand their symptom drivers, triggers irrespective of the dis-ease label or diagnosis given by the health service.
I work with women (and sometimes men) experiencing sub-fertility, post natal depletion, busy mum syndrome, insulin resistance, disordered eating patterns, mood disorders, high cholesterol, digestive health issues, inflammation, food intolerances and thyroid conditions.
The focus of my practice is to support the body and mind, by maximising ones ability to heal
Healing from within, without dieting!
I work with a non-diet, weight-inclusive approach, combined with functional medicine methods to uncover underlining root causes. In addition, I will support and encourage you to rediscover your own intuitive eating skills, allowing you the space and time to understand how certain foods and eating behaviours can serve your body well, or sabotage your true happiness.
Nobody wants to be on a restrictive diet for the rest of their life or to eliminate foods they enjoy. I've yet to meet anyone who is truly happy following a "diet" forever.
Can you imagine yourself as a 75 year old, and still weighing yourself to assess your "health", counting calories, carbs, points or syns!! Don't go there, it's a depressing thought.
Happiness and true health does not come from a number on weighing scales, or your physical shape or size. Happiness is within you, no matter what you look like on the outside. And believe it or not, you can be healthy in a larger body.
I love supporting people to reach their health goals in a non-judgmental and holistic manner. With the right support and education you will be able to cut through the BS about food you’ve read on the internet, ignore fad diets and just eat the food you enjoy and you know that it serves your whole body and your mind.
- I have a Diploma in Naturopathic Nutritional Therapy which I studied for 3 years at the College of Naturopathic Medicine, in London.
- I am a full member of the Nutritional Therapists of Ireland, and The Association of Naturopathic Practitioners.
- Membership of the above has strict qualification criteria and insists all its members must carry out ongoing Continual Professional Development training throughout each year.
- I strongly believe in evidence based nutritional therapy. As part of my Continuing Professional Development, I regularly participate in webinars, attend conferences and seminars both in Ireland and UK, to gain further insight into specialised health topics.
- I am nearing completion of a specialised training programme with Eating Freely, to support clients with Binge Eating Disorder & Emotional Eating.
- I have also begun studying a 2+ year programme in Herbal Medicine for Women with Dr Aviva Romm in the US.
I am also lucky enough to be a very proud mother to wonderful 3 boys, a wife, sister and daughter. I have a supportive nature and get great satisfaction from helping others. When I’m not working, I enjoy being active and being in nature as much as possible. I love hiking, jogging, yoga, dancing (not very well) and horse-riding. All of which I’d like to do much more of.