Tofu Tikka with rice and broccoli
This delicious & nourishing provides approximately 30g of protein, is Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free & pretty straight forward for even the most reluctant chef.
Provides 2 generous portions – takes 20 minutes or less
- 120g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 lime squeezed
- 10 stalks tenderstem broccoli
- 1 red onion chopped
- 250g steamed brown basmati rice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp tikka masala paste
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 300g firm tofu
- 30g coconut cream
- 80g spinach
- 4cm fresh ginger
- Large handful of fresh coriander
1. Boil the kettle. Peel and finely chop the ginger and garlic. Drain the tofu and pat dry with kitchen paper. Cut into small 1 cm cubes. Roughly chop the onion. Trim the ends of the tenderstem broccoli.
2. Cook the rice according to packet instructions
3. Heat a frying pan with 2 tsp oil on a medium-high heat and cook the onion and tofu for 5 mins, until starting to turn golden.
4. Meanwhile, dissolve the coconut cream in 150ml boiling water and cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Add the tikka masala paste, garlic and ginger to the tofu and onion, stir to coat then add the creamed coconut, tomatoes and spinach. Tear in half of the coriander leaves and season with sea salt and black pepper. Simmer on a medium heat for 5 mins to thicken the sauce. Add more water if needed.
5. Meanwhile, place the tenderstem broccoli in a pan and cover with boiling water. Bring to the boil on a medium heat and cook for 3-5 mins until tender, then drain, set aside and cover to keep warm.
6. Spoon the tofu tikka curry into two warm bowls alongside the rice and tender-stem broccoli. Squeeze lime juice over the broccoli and rice and season to taste. Sprinkle over the remaining coriander leaves.